RTI Consulting, LLC is seeking a Data Engineer for immediate employment.
Results, Teamwork, and Integrity aren’t just our name, they’re our philosophy both at work and at home. If you share our values, please consider joining our team of motivated, talented professionals!
Job Title: Expert Data Engineer
Location: Springfield, VA
Required Clearance Level: Active TS/SCI or above clearance. Candidates must be willing to take a Polygraph.
Required Qualifications: 20 years of experience w/Degree (4 additional years of experience can be substituted for degree) 16 of the 18 years with specialized experience.
TS/SCI or above clearance
- Possess a BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent work experience in a comparable field
- Demonstrated experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
- Demonstrated experience with Agile software Development development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- 4+ years of Python, R or Java development experience
- Demonstrated 4+ years of SQL development and user experience
- 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Demonstrated 5 years of experience with Microsoft Access or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Demonstrated 4+ years of experience with schema design
- Demonstrated 4+ year of and Dimensional Modeling in Data Warehouse to optimize for faster retrieval of data
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated process orientation with great documentation skills
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to interact with people.
- Demonstrated ability into manage and communicate data warehouse plans with clients or users
Job Description: The Data Engineer will work closely with a team of data scientists, budget analysts, and product managers in the Financial Management Directorate to develop and maintain a robust data pipeline to support end-to-end resource analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop set processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production. Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and builds out new integrations to support increases in data volume and complexity. Employ an array of technological languages and tools to connect data sets.
- Collaborate with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Recommend different ways to improve data reliability and quality. Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Write integration tests and document work.
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Define FM data assets (data models) and methodologies to populate data models.
- Design data integrations and data quality framework.
- Work closely with the team to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain data management systems.
- Build high-performance algorithms, predictive models, and prototypes.
- Ensure that all solutions meet the FM and NGA requirements as well as industry practices.
- Integrate up-and-coming data management and software engineering technologies into existing data structures.
- Research new uses for existing data.
Clearance: TS/SCI or above clearance. Candidates must be willing to take a Polygraph.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
All employment decisions at RTI are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
RTI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.