RTI Consulting, LLC is seeking a Mid-Level Systems Engineer for immediate employment.
Results, Teamwork, and Integrity aren’t just our name, they’re our philosophy both at work and at home. If you share our values, please consider joining our team of motivated, talented professionals!
RTI recognizes the contributions of our diverse team members and we demonstrate our appreciation with an excellent benefits package including a generous 401(k) contribution, profit sharing, and annual company-paid offsites for employees and guests.
Job Title: Mid-Level Systems Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline. Five (5) years of additional Systems Engineering experience may be substituted for a degree.
- At least seven (7) years of experience as a systems engineer
Job Description: The Risk Management Office is seeking an inquisitive, motivated Systems Engineer to assist with the entire Systems Engineering process from requirements definition through system tests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Leading design and development activities
- Guiding users in formulating requirements, advising alternative approaches, and conducting feasibility studies
- Providing technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporating new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations
- Guiding system development and implementation planning by preparing systems engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Communicating with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives about technical considerations and issues
- Contributing to systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Managing system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined systems architecture
- Coordinating the resolution of action items from the Configuration Control Board meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews.
- Participating in the Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based on development and operational considerations
- Participating in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups throughout the lifecycle
- Deriving lower-level requirements from higher-level requirements and describing in detail the functions that a system component must perform to ensure that requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
- Defining the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems, and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Developing derived requirements for Information Assurance Services, Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms, and Security Mechanism Technology
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ Poly
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All employment decisions at RTI are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
RTI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.