RTI Consulting, LLC is seeking a Senior-Level Systems Engineer for immediate employment.
Results, Teamwork, and Integrity aren’t just our name, they’re our philosophy both at work and at home. If you share our values, please consider joining our team of motivated, talented professionals!
RTI recognizes the contributions of our diverse team members and we demonstrate our appreciation with an excellent benefits package including a generous 401(k) contribution, profit sharing, and annual company-paid offsites for employees and guests.
Job Title: Senior-Level Systems Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline. Five (5) years of additional Systems Engineering experience may be substituted for a degree.
- At least fourteen (14) years of experience as a Systems Engineer
Job Description: The Workforce Development Office is seeking detail-oriented, collaborative Systems Engineer to ensure that processes, tools, and systems support employee development in an integrated fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Leading design and development activities
- Guiding users in formulating requirements, advising alternative approaches, and conducting feasibility studies
- Providing technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware and software systems
- Incorporating new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations
- Guiding system development and implementation planning by preparing systems engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Communicating with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives about technical considerations and issues
- Contributing to systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, Interface Control Documents, and Joint Capability Integration Development System documents
- Managing system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined systems architecture
- Coordinating the resolution of action items from the Configuration Control Board meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews.
- Participating in the Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based on development and operational considerations
- Participating in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups throughout the lifecycle
- Deriving lower-level requirements from higher-level requirements and describing in detail the functions that a system component must perform to ensure that requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
- Defining the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems, and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Developing derived requirements for Information Assurance Services, Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms, and Security Mechanism Technology
- Reviewing and providing input to program and contract work breakdown structure and integrated master plan
- Implementing different architectures views using Department of Defense Architecture Framework standards
- Conducting quantitative analyses in non-functional system performance areas such as Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, and Producibility
- Establishing and following a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams
- Assessing program risks in accordance with an approved risk management plan
- Supporting planning and testing for Certification and Accreditation processes
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ Poly
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As required by Executive Order 14042, government contractors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of their duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected for a position with RTI, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by November 22, 2021 or before appointment or onboarding on site if after November 22. 2021
All employment decisions at RTI are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
RTI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.