RTI Consulting, LLC is seeking a Tableau Developer for immediate employment.
Results, Teamwork, and Integrity aren’t just our name, they’re our philosophy both at work and at home. If you share our values, please consider joining our team of motivated, talented professionals!
Job Title: Senior Tableau Developer
Location: Springfield, VA
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI or above. Candidates must be willing to take a Polygraph.
Required Qualifications: 12 years of experience w/Degree (4 additional years of experience can be substituted for degree) 8 of the 12 years with specialized experience.
- Required: TS/SCI or above clearance
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated 5+ years of experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau Tableau, preferably for business intelligence.
- Tableau Desktop Certified Profession with at least 5 years of experience using Tableau Desktop.
- Demonstrated experience with User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) 5+ years in UI, UX space (can be concurrent or overlap with Tableau experience) demonstrable with evidence of using a combination of user interface tools such as wire frames, prototypes, mock-ups, or white boarding to illustrate product usability.
- Demonstrated experience working with large and complex data sets with the documented ability to write simple queries to create calculated fields.
- Demonstrated understanding of data systems such as (Business Intelligence (BI)I analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data Extract, Transform and Load ( ETL), etc.) on process automation and standardization.
- Possesses a Master’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Possesses Tableau Desktop Certified Professional certification
- Demonstrated 5+ years in UI and UX
- Demonstrated experience working oin a n a support team environment by to research, document and solve problems. documenting, researching, solving problems.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors to gather and validate functional requirements
- Demonstrated ability to develop and provide the design specifications.
- Possesses excellent oral and, written communications skills and excellent listening skills.
- Possesses the ability to work on multiple projects and the flexibility to change priorities when needed.
Job Description: The Tableau Developer will manage the life cycle of Tableau analytics dashboards, including business requirements gathering, functional specification write-up, prototyping, development, quality testing, user acceptance testing, roll-out and post-launch enhancements implementation to support NGA resource owner information needs. They will design engaging and interactive business insights dashboards using Tableau and apply data visualization best practices, with a focus on enhancing user interaction and user experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Tableau developer and Subject Matter Expert (SME) as well as work closely across FM to ensure data sources are accurate, available and analyzable.
- Perform a broad array of functions with Tableau Desktop (dashboard creation, report authoring and troubleshooting, data source management).
- Create and edit SQL queries within Tableau to build calculated fields.
- Create interactive filters, parameters and calculations for dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Build and publish interactive dashboards on Tableau Server. Collaborate with data stewards to test, clean, and standardized data to meet the business requirements.
- Conduct strategizing and ideation sessions with the team before beginning on creating the application or solution.
- Create tools to store data effectively within the organization, as well as maintaining data analytics platforms so that data can effectively be mined for information at a later date.
- Conduct tests and develop database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues that arise. This is an ongoing part of the development process that occurs regularly throughout a project to pick up on any part of the application that isn’t working correctly.
- Develop and update technical documentation to serve as a reference guide.
- Work cross-functionally with various departments including business stakeholders and technical personnel to exchange ideas.
Clearance: Active TS/SCI or above. Candidate must be willing to take a Polygraph.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All employment decisions at RTI are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
RTI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.